GSG Supports 2011 South West Emergency Skills ChallengeWed, 21 Sep 2011
GSG Emergency Services has proudly sponsored the CME 2011 South West Emergency Response Skills Challenge held at Talison Greenbushes mine site.
Teams contended with cold rainy weather, sometimes lashed by howling winds and hail to compete over the weekend of 17-18 September at Talison Lithium Greenbushes.
Seven teams demonstrated their quite considerable skills in multiple disciplines across a range of scenarios.
The Newmont Combined Team finished the weekend with top honours, winning three of the challenges. All teams are to be commended on their broad based knowledge and skills.
The full results are:
• Overall Best Team: Newmont Combined Team
• Runner-Up Best Team: Newmont Boddington Gold
• Team Safety: Newmont Combined Team
• Fire Fighting: BHP Billiton, Worsley Alumina
• Team / BA Skills: Talison Greenbushes
• First Aid: Newmont Combined Team
• Road Crash Rescue: BHP Billiton Nickel West Kambalda & Kwinana
• Hazardous Materials: Newmont Combined Team
• Confined Space Rescue: Talison Greenbushes
• Rope Rescue: Newmont Boddington Gold
• Theory: Talison Greenbushes
CME Director Nicole Roocke congratulated the competing teams, event management personnel, volunteers and organisers who rose to the occasion to produce a very successful event. “More than 200 people visited the site to watch the teams as they were put through their paces which is an excellent turnout,” she said. “CME is proud to host these skills challenges and it’s great to see how passionate and dedicated toward safety these companies are.” The 2012 Challenge will be held at Newmont Boddington Gold Mine following three years at Talison Greenbushes.
For more information see the CME web site at www.cmewa.com